Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Being Alone But Not Lonely

I come from a simple, happy family who used to have dinner all together watching TV, and then midnight snacks, having fun with each other until late at night. It seems that every time most of us experience this kind of quality time, we usually take it for granted. There are times when many of us need to be far away from our families, often to work — to earn a “hefty salary,” as they say. I am one of those. Alone and far away, I’ve come to realize how lucky I am to have shared good times with people close to my heart. I am used to being alone, but I keep trying not to be lonely, by going out with new friends who are complete strangers to me but who, on the other hand, treat me like family. The advantages of working and living in another land make you more independent and responsible for yourself. I’ve had the chance to meet people from different walks of life and explore my knowledge about their styles of living. Working with different nationalities makes you more versatile, especially in the job you are in. In the exchange of ideas, your information about your environment somehow increases. I’m glad our company provides recreational facilities that employees can take advantage of to improve themselves – and find enjoyment, too. There is basketball, volleyball, and the gym. But my favorite is the Internet connection, where I can have my Internet access 24/7. Or you can try to engage yourself in art works and be creative or be more talented through practicing your hobbies. Being on my own, I’ve learned to be brave enough to face yet more challenges in my life and to face anybody.


Life is full of surprises, after all.


1 comment: