Thursday, April 28, 2011

High School Memories

When I was still in elementary level, I was excited to enter high school life. It was hard for me to adjust in my first year. I regret being in high school, that’s what I’ve told myself on that time. I remember when Mrs. Diola our English teacher in First Year Mahogany called me to introduce myself in front of my classmates my whole body that time was shaking; I was so nervous and shy. I can’t utter even a single word because I felt anxious and worried. Really, I was about to cry because all of my classmates are laughing at me coz I have speech difficulty (yungit, nga-nga etc.) plus the fact, that high school can be scary because not all of your classmates from elementary will go to the same school as you. Chances are half of the faces in your classroom are new ones, well in my case; I am the only one from Maragatas Elementary School in that section. More anxious, nervous and a little scared to make friends that day.

High school is the most exciting time of my life. High school is where everything starts - your development from a gawky kid to a confident teenager during this stage of your education is full of exciting possibilities. High school is where lifelong reputations and images and usually made. Whether you will be a smart student, prom queen type, the nerd, campus crush, or the popular athlete, you will get to know that in high school. Schools help the students get acquainted with each other by organizing freshman orientations before the formal start of classes. This will help ease the tensions between students, a lot of them strangers to each other.

As time goes by, it changes. I was enjoying my first, second, third and fourth year in high school. “As you get older, you get a harder work”. Night after night I was hammered with brain churning algebraic equations with Mrs. Castillon (1st year), trying to excel the biology lesson of Mr. Escalante class (2nd year), the mind bugling chemistry subject with Mrs. Dugenio (3rd year), the never ending problem solving for Physics class with Mr. Alda (4th year) while I desperately tried to discover my niche within the student body in which I missed. I admit I did not make the most of my high school life. Sometimes I had been a disobedient student. I hurt some of my friends. I was not able to be the person that I can be. I've had plenty of good times, as well as just as many bad times, in high school. The only thing I can say is that I learned. And the most important thing is that, not just that I learned through the books, but I learned about life and the road ahead of me. From being an inexperienced freshman to a somewhat mature senior, things have really changed for me.
Well, Life is just LIFE. And everything changes.
To all my Classmates, my friends, teachers and to my ALMA MATER LUPON SCHOOL OF FISHERIES Thank you so much for such a wonderful memories... KITA-KITA NALANG TA PUHON DIHA SA LUPON SA TAKDANG PANAHON.

No comments:

Post a Comment