Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Father's Special Day

“Papa, what a real man you are. Since the day I started to observe things around me, I saw you waking up before sunrise, going to work in the farm alone, and then returning home after sunset. “I came to know that you work under direct exposure to the sun, heat, humidity, dust and cold. You do all of that to spend your hard-earned money on me and my other three sisters. “I love you Papa.” I wrote that to my father when I was 12 years old. Now I am mature enough, and I realize the full value of my father’s sacrifice even though I’m not yet a father.



My father is still alive, so I have gotten the chance to take care of him the way he did for me. Now, as I recall what I wrote at age 12, I have the same feeling. “pTo my father, I know you love me and my three sisters. I know you sacrificed to put food in our mouths and smiles on our faces. No one ever made a certificate of recognition for the great sacrifice you made. No institution could accommodate your credentials. I am really proud of you.”

With those words, I try to express my feelings to all those who work with dignity especially to those fathers working abroad. Most of them have children back home, awaiting their return. So I call everyone to treat the workers all around us with full dignity as they sacrifice to earn every single cents of money. To all the fathers in the whole world, HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment