Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SMILE

I’ve been wondering about what lies behind a smile, what it means and where it comes from. Sometimes I find myself smiling at people I don’t even know, and I ask myself, “Is it because I’m happy, or is it because they’re easy to smile at?” Then I think, “Does it really matter what the cause is if it makes someone happy?” I didn’t think so. It’s a simple facial expression that could chase away the darkness from someone’s life in that moment and make the day brighter. A smile could change the world’s atmosphere if it was truly from the heart.

It sends out a great vibration that most people get affected by, and it’s a proven technique that is used medically and psychologically. A smile comes spontaneously when you take a deep breath and just let it be.

We tend to smile at people who have touched our hearts in one way or another, whether we know them or not. It all starts with eye contact, followed by a moment of silence in which you feel like it’s hard to breathe. Finally, you realize that your face is glowing, and all that happens because of a smile. What’s best about it is that it’s even easier to do when you’re smiling at kids; in their eyes you can see both innocence and mischief behind their smiles. No matter how bad your day has gone, when you come home to the people you love and the first thing they do is welcome you home with a smile, you can’t beat that. It makes your day! A smile is a sign of happiness and relief. Studies have shown that it lowers the blood pressure. So take a deep breath, close your eyes and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment