Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life too Short to Waste: Practice the Power of Forgiveness

"Hello"
"Hi. Can I help you?"
" Yes, I need your forgiveness."
"Why?" "Because I did you wrong for so long that I can't even start saying "I' m sorry" and you've managed to stay by my side after all this time. You're a good friend and I don't deserve, but can you please forgive me?
"You are forgiven." See how easy that was?
If only we could find it in our hearts to forgive those have done us wrong, and only we could find it in our conscience to try to stop hurting those we care about, just to show that there is still hope in this world for a better tomorrow. Nobody's perfect; we all make mistakes, but the key is to have the guts to say " I'm sorry," and the strength to forgive. It's not OK to run over people just for the heck of it! It's not right to kick out someone who's begging for your forgiveness. The beauty of the heart is to forgive and apologize.

Forgiveness is something we all should practice regularly. It bring us peace of mind and is the way to release ourselves from the pain others have caused us. Release yourself. Let it go and know that the person who forgives is always the strongest person. Practicing forgiveness is not something we do for others; we do it for our own sake, so that we can get well and move on. It does not change our past; it just changes the feelings about the past.

Life is too short and precious to be wasted on things that don't even matter.I encourage everyone to exercise forgiveness just what I did. Really it feels so good. Just take a deep breath and let it go. Feel less stress, less anger and more forgiveness. Let's practice forgiveness until it becomes one of our habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment